Dear Esteemed Colleagues and Seniors,
The beginning, it is said, is only the start of a journey to another beginning. As I begin my new role as the 64th Chairman of EIRC of ICAI, I wish to make a new beginning with renewed vigour to scale new heights of excellence and rectitude in diverse ways. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Let’s take that first step together and re-dedicate ourselves to our chosen profession.
It is indeed an honour to serve as the Chairman of this august body. When I look back at the distinguished history of EIRC and the Chairmen who have served with distinction, I feel humbled. I am extremely grateful to all members, my colleagues in the Regional and Central Council, EIRC officials, Branches, Study Circles and Chapters of EIRC for reposing their faith on me, for leading the forward march of EIRC. My new responsibility is both an opportunity and a challenge. I hope that I will continue to be endowed with your support to attain our collective goals.
I also take this opportunity to congratulate the regional council members and the entire team of students’ association for bringing glory to the Eastern Region by being once again adjudged the Second Best Region Jointly with SIRC and the Second Best Students’ Association for the fourth consecutive year in 2019-20. The Regional Council is all set to carry further this legacy of winning in the times ahead.
Vision 2020 @ EIRC
The various initiatives which we wish to undertake are
1. Mobile helpline for members & students (with all departments with call back facility)
2. TV weekly: Kaise Suljhaye Kar Samasya?
3. Recording of CPE events & uploading in YouTube channel of EIRC
4. "We care" alumni program for Senior Members
5. Program for Capacity building for Women members & Mentorship of young members
6. Career counseling programs to cover at least 5000 students
7. Refresher Course on: i) Filling appeal (including mock Tribunal) ii) IND AS iii) LLP iv) Auditing Standard v) Representation before NCLT
8. At least two 2 Days National Conference
9. At least three Sub Regional Conferences
10. Background Materials in most of Workshops
11. Uploading of ICAI Publications and vacancies of Industrial training in EIRC website
I had the privilege to share our vision with various members during the past few days and also look forward to apprise the same to our newly elected President CA. Atul Kumar Gupta and Vice President, CA. Nihar Niranjan Jambusaria at the earliest available opportunity.
The proposals which we intend to place before the Hon’ble President and Vice President includes:
1. Allotment of Bank Audit allotment by software so that firm having longest gestation period can be allotted first.
2. Bio metric attendance of article students (in a web site which can track location)
3. Representation to stop biding of fees in tendering process, based on research (may be by Accounting Research Foundation) on its adverse implications.
4. Bio metric attendance for CPE programs & web based free CPE hours to members
5. Web site for outsourcing work by CAs to women CAs so that they can work from home & for Outsourcing work by CAs to CAs in different cities
We once again congratulate them for their achievements and the Regional Council looks forward to work under their guidance to achieve a greater fame.
CA Nitesh Kumar More
Chairman-EIRC of ICAI