TO BECOME A MEMBER OF ICAI - SUBMIT FORM 2 WHILE FILING IN FORM NO 2, PLEASE ENSURE THE FOLLOWING :
1. Enter the Name as per the Degree certificate/school leaving certificate (non-graduates).
2. In case of a change in name subsequent to the above, submit necessary proof (Gazette Notification).
3. In respect of married ladies applicants submit a marriage registration certificate and/or marriage invitation in the original.
DATE OF BIRTH :
Submit attested true copy of school leaving certificate for proof of date of birth.
Submit Attested true copy of the Degree certificate Attested true copy/ies of mark sheets of both groups CA Final mark sheets, CA Final Pass certificate.
COMPLETION OF PRACTICAL TRAINING :
A letter indicating the completion of the prescribed period of 3 years articled/4 years audit training.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS :
Submit Proof of completion of the Course on General Management Communication Skills issued by the appropriate authority (Applicable to candidates passing any one group and/or both groups of Final CA examinations held in May 2003 and thereafter).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS DURING THE PERIOD OF ARTICLES TRAINING PERIOD :
In case the applicant has pursued other course(s) with the prior permission of the Council, a copy of the permission letter issued by the Institute may be submitted. However, if the prior permission of the Council was not obtained an application in the prescribed Form 112 complete in all respects along with observations and comments of both the applicant and employer stating reasons for non-compliance with Regulation 65 are required to be given along with the condonation fee.
Please ensure the following documents are submitted.
1. Form No.112 is duly filled in and signed by the applicant and recommended by the employer.
2. A separate letter from the employer that the applicant devoted full time to the practical training.
3. Request for condonation for not seeking prior permission duly signed by the applicant.
4. Proof of attendance of Coaching classes with timings in case the applicant attended any Coaching classes conducted by the College/University/Institutions.
5. In case it is a correspondence course, proof of the same issued by the University like a transfer certificate, etc. 6. Prescribed Condonation fee by way of Demand draft.
ENGAGEMENT IN BUSINESS DURING ARTICLES :
In case the applicant was engaged in other business/occupation during the period of articles, a copy of the permission letter issued by the Institute may be given. However, if the prior permission of the Council was not obtained, the applicant in prescribed Form 112 complete in all respect along with observations and comments of both the applicant and the employer stating reasons for non-compliance of Regulation 65 are required to be given.
The following documents may be submitted.
1. Certified true copy of the partnership deed containing a clear recital that the applicant had neither taken active part nor was a sleeping partner.
2. Affidavit of all the partners including the articled/audit clerk that he had neither taken an active part nor was required to take an active part in the management of the business.
3. No objection letter of the employer that the training of the article clerk was not interfered with during the period of training due to the above engagement. He/his firm was not the auditor of the partnership firm in which the articled clerk was engaged.
ENGAGEMENT AS A DIRECTOR DURING ARTICLESHIP :
In case the applicant was engaged during the period of articles training as a Director in a family business with the prior permission of the Council, a copy of the permission letter issued by the Institute may be submitted. However, if the prior permission of the Council was not obtained, he is required to apply for permission in the prescribed Form 112 complete in all respect along with observations and comments of both the applicant and the employer stating reasons for non-compliance of Regulation 65.
He is required to submit the following documents:
1. A copy of the Memorandum/Articles of Association of the Company.
2. Affidavit of the articled clerk duly sworn in before Notary/First Class Magistrate that he has neither taken active part nor was entitled to take an active part in the management of the business.
3. A copy of the resolution of the company that the articled clerk was an honorary Director of the company and had neither taken active part nor was entitled to take an active part in the management of the business affairs of the company.
4. No objection letter of the employer that the training of the article clerk was not interfered with during the period of training due to the above engagement.
CHANGE IN SIGNATURE :
In case the applicant changed his signature after completion of the practical training, he is required to append/affix his own signature as well as his new signature or his new signature should be attested by a Chartered Accountant or the Gazetted Officer.
The following fees should be accompanied by the applications in Form No.2.
1. Entrance fee 1200/-
2. Associate Membership fee 800/-
3. Certificate of practice fee * 2000/- (if the candidate intends to hold COP)
4. Contribution towards CABF (recommendatory) 2500/-
The fee has to be paid by way of a Demand draft/Pay order drawn in favour of 'The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India', payable at Chennai and sent to the Decentralised office at Chennai.
Contact Details :
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Russell Street Office Address: ICAI Bhawan, 7, AnandilalPoddarSarani (Russell Street), Kolkata- 700071 (Near Maidan Metro Station), Fax (033) 2229 3231.
Kasba Office Address: ICAI Bhawan, 382/A, Prantik Pally, Rajdanga, Kasba, Kolkata – 700107, (Near Acropolis Mall/ Beside Garden High School), Fax. (033) 30840275. Reception of Kasba office Ph. (033) 30840201/30840202/ 30840210.
Toll-Free No. : 1800-3000-1019 Website: www.eirc-icai.org
PROFESSIONAL ADDRESS :
Every member shall have a professional address in India in his own charge or in charge of another member. In case a member has no professional address the residential address can be given as a professional address against column 11 in Form 2 and the member himself/herself can be shown as in charge against column 12 in Form.2
PAID ASSISTANT IN A FIRM OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS :
A letter issued by the firm of Chartered Accountants confirming that the applicant is in employment with them in case he/she is employed as a Paid assistant under a Chartered Accountant in practice or in a firm of Chartered Accountants.
IDENTITY CARD :
The candidate may also apply for Member's Identity card in the prescribed form along with two passport-size color photographs for the issue of an Identity card free of cost.
CPE HOURS :
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BLOCK PERIOD OF 3 YEARS (1-1-2014 TO 31-12-2016) TO BE COMPLIED WITH BY DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS.
A. All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are holding Certificate of Practice (except all those members who are residing abroad) are required to:
a) Complete at least 90 CPE credit hours in a rolling period of three years.
b) Complete a minimum of 20 CPE credit hours of structured learning in each calendar year.
c) Out of the 90 CPE Credit Hours mentioned above, 30 CPE credit hours can be completed either through Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per Member's choice).
B. All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are not holding a Certificate of Practice and all the members who are residing abroad (whether holding a Certificate of Practice or not) are required to:
a) Complete at least 45 CPE credit hours of either structured or unstructured learning (as per Member,s choice) in a rolling period of three years.
b) Complete a minimum of 10 CPE credit hours of either structured or unstructured learning (as per member's choice) in each calendar year.
C. All the members (aged 60 years & above) who are holding Certificate of Practice, are required to:
a) Complete at least an aggregate of 70 CPE credit hours of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member's choice) in a rolling period of three years
b) Complete a minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning in the first calendar year i.e. 2014.
c) Complete a minimum of 20 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member's choice) in the second and third calendar years i.e. 2015 & 2016.
Response from DCO/HO :
1. The Decentralised Offices will issue an acknowledgment for the payment of fees remitted by an applicant for enrolment as a member
2. A candidate shall be admitted as a member of the Institute from the date on which Form 2 is completed in all respects and in compliance with other requirements if any are fulfilled.
3. On satisfactory compliance with requirements, a letter of enrolment with a Certificate of practice (if applied for) will be issued by the concerned Decentralised Office.
4. The script of membership/Certificate of practice will be issued to the newly enrolled member at the time of convocation which may be held twice a year.
5. A CD containing Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, Chartered Accountants Regulation 1988, Professional Opportunities for Members - an Appraisal, Code of Ethics, Manual Relating to Members, and Training Guide is issued to newly enrolled Members free of cost and sent by express parcel.
4. Identity cards will be sent to the members within 3 months from the date of issue of a letter or new enrolment provided there is no deficiency in the information provided in the application form.
Contact Details :
Member Services/ Membership Sections- Phone: 033-30840297/96/88, Email Id:email@example.com