Eastern India Chartered Accountants Students Association (EICASA) is the Students Wings of Eastern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (EIRC of ICAI) formed under Regulation 81 of the Chartered Accountants Regulation, 1988. It is an association knitting 100,000+ students members of the Eastern Region together and providing them a platform to build their networking, to learn, to share, to participate and to perform in the various activities held by EICASA. It provides a channel of communication with the Institute for quick resolution of the student related matters. Any person who enters into articles or audit service shall be deemed to be a member of this student association. The Managing committee of EICASA Kolkata consists of 12 members who are Chartered Accountancy course students led under the guidance of CA. DEBAYAN PATRA to be the eminent future torch bearers of the Institute. Elected by the students, they strive to work for the betterment of the students of the CA fraternity.
What does EICASA aim to achieve?
1. To generate a sense of belongingness among the students studying Chartered Accountancy Course.
2. To promote social, Cultural and Intellectual development of the students.
3. To organize Lectures, Seminars, Workshop, Conferences, Programmes for the welfare of the students.
4. To Conduct Sports, Youth & Other Cultural Activities.
5. To organize Trips, Tours to Factories & Industrial Organisations & to places of Historical and Educational importance.
Activities Performed by EICASA
1. Assisting in the education of students in the recent developments in the Trade, Commerce and Industry especially those affecting the maintenance of their accounts, office routine and audit procedures.
2. Seminars, Conferences, Crash Courses and mock tests on various topic and programs for promoting social/ intellectual / Cultural activities have been organized.
3. Making representations to the Central and Regional Council on matters concerning the common interest of the students.
4. Establishing and maintaining Libraries and Reading Rooms for the use of students.
5. Organising trips and tours to important factories and industrial organization and also to places of historical and educational importance.
6. Organizing indoor as well as outdoor sports tournaments for the betterment of the students including the EICASA Premier League (EPL) and the Annual Sports Meet.
7. Quiz and elocution competition for students throughout the region and National Level Competition.
" OF THE STUDENT, BY THE STUDENTS AND FOR THE STUDENTS"